The esaip Engineer programme in Risk Management & Environment has been designed to enable you to understand the various facets of Risk, Health, Safety and Environmental Management.
You can become an esaip Engineer straight after secondary school (5 year pathway) or after a undergraduate degree (3 year pathway).
- 18 months of class, labs…
- 4 major team projects
- 9 months of Internships
- 2 semester study abroad
- 1 Major: technical specialization 600h over 2 years
- 1 Minor subject business sector orientation: 70h in last year
N.b: In a French Grandes écoles the years are counted from the third year after secondary school
The engineering program
3 year pathway
- Year 3:
– Training in Angers (7 months) + Team Application Project
– Training abroad at a partner university (5 months)
– Company internship (4-6 weeks)
- Year 4:
– Training in Angers (5 months) + Team Application Project + Business Project Innovation Project team + Choice of MAJOR + Choice of MINOR
– Work placement (8-10 weeks)
- Year 5:
– Training abroad at a partner university (5 months)
– Engineer’s Internship (6 months)
ESAIP gives you the opportunity to complete your training with an international dual degree in a partner university.
4 Professional Majors
All our students receive training in QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment), energy management, and industrial risk management. In the fourth year, you choose a “major” a specialty based on your career plan to further develop your expertise. These courses allow you a professional orientation that enhances the skills gained in projects and internships.
Management and QHSE performance
- Your challenge: With strong technical, organizational and managerial skills, An esaip QHSE engineer can pilot QHSE systems and implements quality management tools. S/he also ensures compliance with regulations in safety, health and respect for the environment while helping the company to maintain its level of production and performance.
- Position : QHSE Coordinator or Manager …
Management of natural and industrial risks
- Your challenge: Federate all the stakeholders around a culture of safety by establishing a dialogue, and supporting employees in change management.
- Position: Industrial Risk Engineer Management, Risk Manager, Consultant in risk management,
- Your challenge: To assess energy performance in firms and reduce the use of non-renewable resources to reduce the environmental and financial impacts. Accompanying individuals or businesses in a process for HQE (High Quality Environmental standard). Study the possible uses of renewable energy.
- Position: Design Engineer in energy, Project Manager-Renewable Energy, Sales Engineer.
Environment and circular economy
- Your challenge: At the crossroads of environmental and economic issues, an esaip engineer: environmental & circular economy helps companies rethink the life cycle of products and services to create a world without waste with minimal use of raw materials. Contribute to a new model of society!
- Position: Eco-Design Engineer, Engineer waste and environment
The esaip engineering training program in Risk Management and Environment is organized into semesters, with different modules: science, environment, safety and risk prevention, management, communication and management.
Whether in France or abroad, each semester has a value of 30 ECTS has credits.
- Global Risk Management and Safety (ISO 31000)
- Risk management, natural and chemical risks
- Industrial processes, transportation, human factors, ergonomics
- Audit, regulation, ISO 9001 and 14001, OHSAS 18001
- Science of the natural environments, energy management, carbon footprint, renewable energy
- Mathematics, probability – statistics
- Physics, Electricity, Energy Sciences
- Chemistry, biology, toxicology
- Physicochemical Measures
- Project management
- Labour law, regulatory monitoring, Human resource management
- Financial management, accounting
- Oral and written communication
- Visits and business conferences
- Management, Team co-ordination
- Animation of training sessions
- Management and Crisis Communication
- 2 foreign languages: English and German or Spanish or Italian
- International Culture
- Cultural projects
- Compulsory international internship
- Modules in foreign universities
MAJORS : “technical specialization” (1 choice)
QHSE Management and performance
- Health and safety at work, occupational hazards
- Environment and Environmental Risks
- Integrated Management and Continuous Improvement
- Implementation of skills: transversal project
- Issues of control of renewable energies and energy (ISO 50001)
- Control of energy in buildings: RT 2012 HEQ audit
- Renewable Energy Installations
- Business Management
- Health and security at work
- Risk Analysis Methods
- Organizational Security Analysis Methods
- Feedback and crisis management methods
Environment and circular economy
- Social responsibility for companies and organizations (ISO 26000)
- Environmental Diagnostic techniques, environmental assessment and metrology
- Waste management
* modules open with 5 enrolled students
MINOR “industry and business sector” (1 choice)
Every industry has its own codes, so it is easier to integrate into the business world if you know them.
In the final year, you will have access to a panel of 8 minors. In this 70h module you will discover an industry related to your major. They correspond to the areas where our alumni are employed.
- Consulting (service companies)
- Health (Hospital environment and Chemical and pharmaceutical industries)
- Food Industry
- Research & Innovation
- Environment (Eco-industry and Energy, Water and Waste management)
- Banking, Finance, Insurance
- Urban Development
The integrated engineering cycle has team projects that take place over several months.
Scientific and technological project
It is part of a progressive acquisition of project management skills, with the methods of synthesis and communication skills essential to the practice of the engineering profession.
The application project
A team project on a transversal and multidisciplinary subject.
This helps to improve your understanding of career paths, and to build your problem solving skills.
The research project
It improves your research methodology and your skills in synthesis. This project is supported by the esaip Research Center, companies and research laboratories.
The company application project
Dedicated days from October to February will be spent on company project. This helps you to prepare for the final Internship. It puts you in the professional situation of an engineering team with a mission, under the joint guidance of an esaip lecturer-researcher and a tutor of the company that defined the specifications.
Build a high added value professional profile through internships. At least one will be abroad
9 months of professional experience
- In the 3rd year: This is the opportunity to discover an industry or a business structure. Some students choose to replace the internship either with a humanitarian project via the PESF student association or a summer job.
- In the 4th year The internship is for you to explore the technical aspects of the engineering profession, whilst giving you the opportunity to observe and understand other facets of the profession.
- In the 5th year: Over a 6-month period, this internship is your graduation validation at esaip. You will put into place an independent engineering mission. You will produce a master thesis and a defense in three languages reflecting the international nature of esaip.
Start Ups / Entrepreneurship
In your final year you get a great opportunity: to create a Startup during your final internship.
Esaip will support you in your projects specifically through the “Entrepreneurship” minor and thanks to our established close contacts can get you help from government agencies
Build your professional network
You will participate in “trade” conferences and are accompanied in your job search by recruitment professionals.
For your employability, you get the support of alumni and partner companies with whom we have built strong relationships.
As an esaip engineer you have exclusive access to a network of over 4,000 active alumni and more than 600 companies that have trusted the expertise of esaip graduates.
The average duration of the job search is 2 months with a gross annual average salary of € 35,000.
Employment in all sectors
- 18% in energy,
- 17% work in the food industry and metallurgy,
- 12% in consulting
- 11% in services (tourism, finance, insurance, transport …)
- 11% in an administration,
- 9% in the chemical, cosmetic or pharmaceutical industries
- 9% in construction or civil engineering
- 7% in the automobile, aeronautics, naval and rail industries,
- 5% in the environmental industry.
Examples of positions
- QHSE Manager
- Security, Safety, Health and Environment manager
- Health, Safety, Environment Engineer
- HSE Project Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Safety Quality Manager
- Environmental Manager
- Security Coordinator
- Environmental Coordinator
- Production site safety and environment manager
Companies that recruit our engineers
GSK – EDF – SOVIBA – SIPSY – APAVE – SILVEA – BMS Site UPSA – SPIE OGS– DELIFRUITS – CARREFOUR – VINCI Grands Projets – Vinci Energies – Groupe Ponticelli Frères – Syndicat des eaux – SANEF) – SODEXO– Groupe Inspectas– VALEO Compressor – Bouygues– TOTAL
8 to 10% of our graduates continue their education after esaip:
- as part of a dual degree in management or internationally
- as part of a specialization in a Masters
Successfully completing your esaip Engineer program entitles you to 3 official awards :
The titre d’ingénieur diplômé is awarded by an institution authorized to do so by the State after evaluation by the Commission des Titres d’Ingénieurs CTI
To obtain the esaip diploma in Computer Engineering and Networks, you must:
- Validate 180 ECTS (3 years of training engineer or 6 semesters of 30 credits): academic results,
- obtain a minimum score of 800 points on the TOEIC,
- 2 academic periods abroad.
- Undertake at least one internship abroad
- Validate the final project “PFE” (thesis, and defense).
The Diploma Supplement (DS) is a standardized document developed by UNESCO, the Council of Europe and the European Commission.
A document, written in English describing the knowledge and skills acquired by holders of higher education degrees. Examples
It provides additional information to that included in the official degrees / diplomas and/or transcript, making it more easily understood, especially by employers or institutions outside the issuing country.
You will find all of your studies at esaip (courses, study visits, training courses, TOEIC …) and skills you have learnt.
The Diploma Supplement is issued to you automatically and free of charge at graduation.
N.B.: The DS does not replace your CV and does not replace the original diploma or transcript.
Read more: Agence Europe Education Formation France (2E2F)
This grade is issued to all holders of an engineering degree by the Rector of the Academy. It validates a level +5 allowing further studies towards the Ph.D.
Our Degree is open to candidates holding a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Risk Management, Environment, Health & Safety or related fields.
Internationally recognized standardized tests of English are compulsory for all candidates who are neither native English speakers nor holders of a bachelor’s obtained from an English language institution of higher education.
Minimum scores required: TOEFL (minimum score 550 ITP, 213 CBT, 80 IBT) or TOEIC (minimum score 750) or IELTS (minimum score 6.0)
Esaip’s Programme is taught mostly in English. Students are not required to demonstrate French proficiency at the start of the program.
Completed Online Application Form before July 31.+ Application fee paid online (40 euros)
Application Checklist :
- Statement of purpose
- Transcription of records Degree(s)
- Last Degree Copy
- Tuition fees: 6,550 € / year
- Certifications pack : 500 € / year
- Integration Pack + FLE: 1 ,000 € / year